A small number of basic and standard dishes. Not hundreds of recipes most that are never made. High percentage of main dishes (pizza, burgers, sandwiches, tacos, spaghetti, lasagna). Not just salads, soups and sides. Recipes should to be maintained, adjusted and improved. Not one off and abandoned.
A long time ago, in 2012, I started my whole food plant based recipes blog. I was new to cooking for health. I was new to blogging. Fast forward to 2020. I want to keep my recipes easy to write, easy to use, and easy to maintain.
My Recipe Parameters
- No added oils.
- No added sugars. But small occasional exceptions, primarily for sauces.
- Limit salt to less than 1 tsp per day. 1/4 tsp per dish for 4 dishes.
- No high fat foods. But small occasional exceptions for peanut butter, avocado or tofu for kids. Too often plant based recipes, especially meat substitutes, cheese substitutes, sauces and deserts, are rich in nuts.
- Limit smoothies and juices to occasional dishes.
My Page Parameters
- Keep it simple.
- No photos.
- No stories.
- Just the ingredients.
- Just the instructions.
- Refer to preparation when other recipes used as ingredients.
- Mention uses.
- Mention tips and techniques.
- Withstand the test of time.
- Keep recipes updated.