Pickle method very similar to pickled jalapeño or sauerkraut. Some pickle relish recipes include sweet peppers (green or red). Heinz pickle relish includes cabbage.
- 2 medium cucumbers or 4 small cucumbers, unpeeled (Used 3-6. 6 too much.)
- 1/4 onion (1/2 tsp onion powder)
- 1 handful of sliced green or red cabbage (optional)
- 1/4 green bell pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp sugar or pilloncillo (blend or heat with brine)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
Grate cucumbers, onion and cabbage with food processor. Do not peel or seed cucumbers. Mix spices with brine in small pan and bring to simmer.
- Mix vegetables with brine and simmer 5m. Let cool and pack into mason jar. Refrigerate.
- Pack vegetables into mason jar and pour over hot brine. Allow to cool and refrigerate.