My favorite veggie burger. We make this weekly. The main ingredients are lentils, brown rice, oats and vegetables.
- Serve with whole wheat bun, ketchup, mustard, sweet pickle relish, tomato, onion and lettuce.
- Serve with dumplings or whole wheat bread, mashed potatoes, brown gravy and sauerkraut.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, brown gravy and vegetables.
- Serve with spaghetti and marinara sauce.
- Serve with tortillas and salsa.
- 1 cup brown lentils, cooked
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup oats, pulsed in blender 5x
- 1-1/2 cups fresh tomatoes or other steamed vegetables chopped small
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
Mix dry ingredients together: lentils, rice, oats and dry spices. Mix wet ingredients together: tomatoes or other steamed vegetables, flax egg and tomato paste. Mix dry and wet ingredients together. Allow brief 5m rest for oats and flax powder to absorb moisture. Shape into patties or balls. Bake convection toaster oven 400F 20m.