For best pizza, concentrate on dough and sauce. Decorate with roasted or fresh vegetables. Use broiler to finish.
- Whole Wheat Bread Dough (Pizza Dough)
- Marinara Sauce (Pizza Sauce)
- 1/2 whole wheat bread dough
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup plum tomatoes, chopped and crushed
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2-4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup pineapple, chunks
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, roasted
- 1 handful spinach (May need to be steamed lightly first. Otherwise dries out.)
- 1 pepperoni burger, crumbled (Lentil sausage pepperoni may dry out more than fat based pepperoni?)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
Roll out and shape whole wheat bread dough onto oven pan. Allow 1h rise. (Why not?) Chop and crush fresh tomatoes, and add to marinara sauce. Simmer 5-10m. Adjust with pinch of sugar (sweet) and tiny amount of vinegar (acid). Preheat convection toaster oven 450F. Spread tomato sauce evenly over pizza dough. Decorate with toppings. Bake top rack 15m. To finish toppings broil top rack 8m.