Soft spreadable sauce similar to sharp cheddar spreads. Many uses as ingredient or topping.
Makes 6 cups. Keeps in refrigerator 4-6 days.
- Tomato Lettuce Cheese Sandwich
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Baked Broccoli and Cheese
- Baked Cauliflower and Cheese
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Baked Potato
- 3-4 medium (4 cups, 1 lb) potatoes
- 2-3 med (1-2 cups, 1/2 lb) carrots
- 1/2 cup potato water
- 3 Tbps nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 1 (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp onion powder (I used 2 tsp.)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
In pressure cooker with 2 cups water steam potatoes and carrots until soft. Drain and reserve potato water. In food processor blend carrots, potato water and spices except lemon juice and salt. Add potatoes and continue to blend. Add lemon juice and salt to taste.