Soft spreadable sauce similar to sharp cheddar spreads. Many uses as ingredient or topping.
Makes 6 cups. Keeps in refrigerator 4-6 days.
- Tomato Lettuce Cheese Sandwich
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Baked Broccoli and Cheese
- Baked Cauliflower and Cheese
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Baked Potato
- 3-4 medium (4 cups, 1 lb) potatoes
- 2-3 med (1-2 cups, 1/2 lb) carrots
- 1/2 cup potato water
- 3 Tbps nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (1/2 lemon juice)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
In pressure cooker with 2 cups water steam potatoes and carrots until soft. Drain and reserve potato water. In food processor blend carrots, potato water and spices except lemon juice and salt. Add potatoes and continue to blend. Add salt to taste.
- Adjust saltiness and sourness. Expectation of high saltiness in condiment.
- Added more brown mustard, paprika and black pepper to make flavor more complex.
Review and update Sep 2021.