Have prototype of my Mac-IOS app Hypertexts running with SwiftUI. SwiftUI is cleaner to code than AppKit-UIKit. Easier to prototype new features.
My release target is SwiftUI v1 API on SwiftUI v2 runtime. Runs well on IOS 14. Hope that MacOS 11.0 fixes issues seen on OSX 10.15. No new computer yet. Expected finish in 2022, available for IOS 14-15 and MacOS 11.0-11.1. Hope to avoid the bleeding edge and support the last 2 releases.
Similar sidebar and canvas layout. Use stacks, list, tabview, and fundamental elements: text, image, button, divider, spacer, etc.
- Search bar wrapper
- Text view wrapper
- My toolbar
- No navigation view
- No toolbar
SwiftUI v1 Runtime
- IOS 13 (n/a)
- OSX 10.15 (various issues: list crashes and runaway memory, core data-cloudkit sync crashes)
Various issues with SwiftUI v1 runtime on MacOS 10.15, that do not occur on SwiftUI v2 runtime on IOS 14.
SwiftUI v2 Runtime
- IOS 14 (pass)
- MacOS 11.0 (TBD)
Design of model fundamentally the same, with widespread adoption of background task and delta-sync algorithms, for title and content indexes, import-export and cloud sync.
Content search, find, print and import-export consistent both IOS and Mac.
What I hope Apple announces at WWDC 2021
- Search bar
- Text editor selection and rich text
- Outline or tree view with move
- Tab view with button bar style (especially MacOS)
- Fix IOS list selection (works on OSX 10.15)
- Fix CoreData-CloudKit sync, especially crashes and support logs.