Kid friendly. Can be made with 100% whole wheat flour or 50-50% oat-whole wheat flour.
Makes 9 muffins.
- 1 cup (125g) whole wheat flour (Can use 2 cups whole wheat flour and omit oat flour below.)
- 1 cup (125g) oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 sm or 1/2 med apple (1/2 cup applesauce)
- 1/2 cup (9-12 medjool) dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup (120g) almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (allow frozen to thaw)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (juice 1/4-1/2 lemon)
In food processor or mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients. In standard blender, blend apple, dates, milk and vanilla. In food processor, mix wet ingredients paste into dry ingredients. Preheat oven 375F. Transfer dough to mixing bowl and fold in blueberries and lemon juice. Spoon batter into muffin cups 3/4 full. Can use foil lined cupcake liners without oil. Bake 25m.