Simple pancake batter with just 3 ingredients: banana, oats and plant milk. The leaven and flavorings are optional.
Makes 3 pancakes.
- Serve with apple sauce.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (juice 1/4-1/2 lemon)
Preheat dry non stick pan medium high heat. Cook clean and dry surface 90s per side. Should see bubble appear and burst. Use flipper to check and loosen underneath before flipping.
- Fun with supervision for kids (age 8+) to count and flip pancakes.
- For family of 5, I typically mix 3 cups flour, 3 bananas, 3 tsp baking soda, 3 tsp vanilla and 1-1/4 cups almond milk. I add 1/4 cup additional almond milk as batter thickens in middle of cooking pancakes.
- Batter may thicken slightly with time. Add a bit more almond milk.
- You can adjust the batter with more or less banana or flour. Adding a bit more banana lightens color of the cakes. Likewise, adding a bit more flour darkens the color of the cakes.
Review and Update Mar 2021