Pressure cooker can steam a large pot of potatoes quickly, in 15-20m.
- Oven Fries
- Breakfast Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Boiled Potatoes, slower, 30-40m
- Baked Potatoes, slower, 1h+
- 6 dry med-large potatoes (russet), peeled
- 1 cup water
Makes 8-10 cups.
Peel potato skins. Cut into sticks for oven fries or pieces for mashed potatoes. For sticks, cut into slices 1/4 inch thick, then cut slices into sticks 1/4 inch wide. Rinse cut potatoes and drain.
In pressure cooker, add 1 cup water, cover and heat medium high until steam, 5-10m. Then reduce heat to low and steam additional 10 min. Allow slow pressure release. Drain liquid and reserve, and allow potatoes to cool. Liquid can be frozen and used as vegetable broth in soups. Cooled potatoes can be refrigerated 3-5 days.
- Leave potatoes in water to prevent discoloration.
- For parboiled potatoes steam 5m.