- Central Europe-Asia, Caucus Region
Apples are common in US, arriving from Europe.
- Apple Sauce
- Apple Porridge (sweetener)
- Black Bean Brownies (sweetener)
- Pumpkin Squares (sweetener)
- Blueberry Muffins (sweetener)
- 3-6 lb per week, family of 5
- Cost: $0.25/lb cooked ($0.75/lb dry) cheap and abundant (staple).
- Storage: Keep 1-2 weeks in refrigerator.
- Category: Plant
- Group: Fruit
- Energy: 525-600 calories/pound (moderate)
- Macro Nutrients (C-F-P): 70-5-25 (starch, low fat, high protein)