Oats and squash-sweet potato make custard-like filling. Not a cake.
Oats thickens mixture. Dates and apple sauce sweeten.
- Filling for Pumpkin Pie. Just add crust of choice.
My 2nd baking recipe, after Black Bean Brownies. Unlike brownies I have not tried adding flour, baking soda, etc., nor traced the origins of this recipe.
- Roasted Pumpkin
Makes about 4 cups, which is thin (1 inch thick) for 8 inch square pan. For two pies, double this recipe.
- 1 cup oat flour (grind in dry blender)
- 2 cups pumpkin, sweet potato, etc.
- 3-6 medjool dates, pitted (optional soak in almond milk, or substitute prunes)
- 1 sm-med apple, chunks
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 thin slices ginger (optional)
Bake 350F 40m.