- File Type
- Auto Save
- Multiple Documents
- Get File
- Incremental Save
- How to set file type and extension? (Support 2 extensions in parallel, then rename. Where located?)
- How often save? (Save every key stroke, or buffer update or write? Log setter and log write. See which.)
- How to handle multiple documents? How can app level toolbar and menu commands access current document? FocusedSceneValue.
- How to get file? File is available at DocumentGroup scene level, not FileDocument document level.
- How to implement incremental save? Folder file wrapper? Need delta?
- Sandbox? New document move write restricted by sandbox.
- The document project template uses boilerplate configuration and code.
- Target Info (per target) has document type com.example.plain-text, and imported type identifier com.example.plain-text, conforms to public.plain-text, extensions exampletext.
- Document project template extends UTType with exampleText, imported as “com.example.plain-text”.
- Document declares readable content types [.exampleText].
- Writes .txt extension, not .exampletext.
- Opens both .txt and .exampletext.
- Filer opens both .txt and .exampletext in TextEdit, not new app. (With handler rank default. Different is change handler rank to owner?)
- Rename-move causes sandbox error? What? Can create and write there. Just not move?
- Add support statements to both set and write. (Add calculated value with setter.)
- New Untitled document. Multiple sets consolidated into one write. Delay on order of 10s, or longer (15s). Sometimes delay until close.
- Saved Untitled document (Gets saved as Untitled.)
- Save Named document
- Open Named document. Delay ~15s. Sometimes delay until close. (Set 144…)